Diploma, Level 2
The Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating Studies course is designed to support learners in developing practical skills and knowledge in preparation for a future career within the plumbing industry. The practical aspects of the course will include carrying out a range of plumbing installations (including materials used in domestic, commercial and industrial environments). Learners will learn in the workshop practical installation skills and techniques and insight into the plumbing industry.
No previous qualifications are required. For further requirements, get in touch to book an informal discussion with Andy, which will take place at our workshop in Southampton. This will also give you a chance to see what we have to offer and to have a coffee and chat with some of our current students.
This qualification consists of several unit components:
· Understand and carry out safe working practices in Building Services Engineering
· Understand how to communicate with others withinBuilding Services Engineering
· Understand and carry out site preparation, and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems
· Understand and apply domestic cold-water system installation and maintenance techniques
· Understand and apply domestic hot-water system installation and maintenance techniques
· Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
· Understand and apply domestic above ground system installation and maintenance techniques
· Understand electrical systems within Building Services Engineering
· Understand scientific principles within the Plumbing industry
Theory tuition for the course is by a blend of classroom-based lessons and home study, detailed hand outs and one to one support by regular seminars. Practical training will include specific lessons, demonstrations and assignment packs to record information and completion progress. An on-line resource is also available to support homework activities and provide further information.
The formal assessments for the course include online exams and practical assessments with some written short answer responses. There will be a number of short theory and practical tests throughout the 30 week period to provide individual feedback on your progress in the course.
Candidates can progress into initial employment with a building or plumbing company or directly into self employment. Typical job roles include: Plumber, Plumbing and Domestic Heating installer, Plumbing and Domestic Heating Engineer.
The course cost is £2,999.
This can be paid in full, or in eight instalments throughout the duration of the course. A deposit of 375.00 on booking is required to secure a place.
Course dates for 2021:
6th September 2021
Next start date:
6th September 2021
2 evenings a week