Now’s a great time enter gas engineering, there is a well-documented shortage of skilled labour in the gas industry throughout the UK.
This career can be interesting, varied and potentially lucrative which offers lifelong skills with the flexibility to work for an employer or become self-employed.
Core Gas Safety Ltd are offering a gas foundation (managed learning programme) for adults wanting to work in the gas industry. Your skills will develop under the guidance of our experienced trainers, techniques, and facilities. Class sizes are between four to six candidates to give a good student to trainer ratio.
1. Start by attending the course introduction session at our training centre, during which we will explain each of the different parts of the training programme, the qualifications, building a portfolio, taking your ACSand how to become Gas Safe Registered. There is no charge for this session. You do not have to book at this point, and you are free to take the information away and take your time in making the decision that is right for you.
2. Attend the training programme you’ve recommended within the centre.The course includes both theory and practical training. You will be given extra revision tasks and online learning to complete during the programme. We will provide a training manual for you to use and keep. At the end of the in-centre training programme you will take a knowledge and practical assessment based upon what you have learnt during the programme.
3. As part of your course you will need to build a portfolio that demonstrates your skills and knowledge gained from your in centre training and work completed under the supervision of a registered gas engineer.
4. Once the on-site portfolio has been completed and signed off by our assessors, you are ready to book the initialACS domestic gas package. On successful completion of the ACS assessment you will be ready to apply to join Gas Safe Register as a registered gas engineer.
· Gas Legislation
· Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
· Characteristics of Combustion
· Installation of Pipework and Fittings
· Testing for Tightness
· Checking and/or setting Meter Regulators
· Identification of Unsafe Situations
· The Operation and Positioning of EmergencyIsolation Valves
· Checking and Setting Appliance Burner Pressure andGas Rates
· The Operation and Checking of Appliance Gas SafetyDevices and Controls
· Chimney Standards
· Chimney Flue Testing
· Installation of Open, Balance and Fan AssistedChimney Configurations
· Re-establishing Gas Supplies and Re-lightingAppliances
· Central Heating Boilers/Water Heaters
· Domestic Cooker/Hobs
· Gas Fires/Space Heaters
· Hot and Cold-Water Systems
· Central Heating Systems
· Above Ground Drainage
Broken into 3 payments of:
Mid-course payment £1250.00
Final payment £1250.00
Next start date:
Course type:Contact us to enrol