Diploma, Level 2
The Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating course is designed to allow candidates the opportunity to complete their qualification at an accelerated time scale.
This course will be delivered to candidates attending two weekly block sessions monthly allowing a two-week period to absorb the theory sessions and allow for self-study. Training will be delivered Monday – Friday between 9am – 4pm the total length of the course will be approximately four months in duration until certification. This course is geared towards candidates who may currently be working within the profession who require a certified plumbing qualification or, very motivated person wanting to get into the plumbing industry.
No previous qualifications are required. However candidates must have the ability to focus on this intensely delivered training course to enable completion and certification.
The level 2 ‘Diploma in Plumbing Studies’ course is designed to support learners in developing practical skills and knowledge in preparation for a future career within the plumbing industry. The practical aspects of the course will include carrying out a range of plumbing installations including materials used in domestic, commercial, and Industrial environment). Learners will gain an insight into the plumbing industry, including working practices, installation skills and techniques.
This qualification consists of several unit components:
· Understand and carry out safe working practices in Building Services Engineering
· Understand how to communicate with others withinBuilding Services Engineering
· Understand and carry out site preparation, and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems
· Understand and apply domestic cold-water system installation and maintenance techniques
· Understand and apply domestic hot-water system installation and maintenance techniques
· Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
· Understand and apply domestic above ground system installation and maintenance techniques
· Understand electrical systems within Building Services Engineering
· Understand scientific principles within the Plumbing industry
Theory tuition for the course is by a blend of classroom-based lessons and home study, detailed hand outs and one to one support by regular seminars. Practical training will include specific lessons, demonstrations and assignment packs to record information and completion progress. An on-line resource is also available to support homework activities and provide further information.
The formal assessments for the course includeon-line exams and practical assessments with some written short answerresponses. There will be a number of short theory and practical teststhroughout the year to provide individual feedback on progress in the course.
It allows candidates to progress into employment, and/or gain the level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
The ‘Level 2 Diploma inPlumbing Studies’ course is designed to support learners in developing practical skills and knowledge in preparation for a future career within the plumbing industry.
The course cost is £3,500
This can be paid in full, or in eight instalments throughout the duration of the course. A deposit of 375.00 on booking is required to secure a place.
Next start date:
Approximately 18 weeks
DaytimeContact us to enrol